In 2015, Cherry Duke joined the faculty of the University of Texas at El Paso, where she teaches applied voice and is the Director of Opera UTEP. Additionally, she teaches private voice lessons in El Paso and consults on personal marketing and career building for performing artists. She is also available for master classes and arts marketing/music business seminars nationwide.
Cherry’s focus in voice lessons is on healthy vocal production and freedom of expression, regardless of style. Emphasis is on physical alignment and balancing vocal registers, using principles of the Swedish-Italian school of singing, voice science, Alexander Technique and yoga. Awareness of body and mind/thoughts is strengthened. Cherry teaches with kindness, empathy and positive affirmation.
For seminar & lesson requests, please contact Cherry via email.
- CS Music Online Convention, May 2020
- El Paso Community College, March 2019
- Northeastern State University, February 2017
- Converse College, March 2016
- Salisbury University, September 2014
- University of Texas at El Paso, September 2014
- University of Alabama, April 2014
- Salisbury University, November 2013
- Bay View Music Festival, Summer 2013
- Bethany College, March 2013
- Indiana Wesleyan University, February 2013
Performing Arts Business Seminars
Available through YourType Arts Partners
- The Road Ahead: The Business of Being a Performing Artist
- A Freelancer’s Life
- The Essence of Self-Promotion
- Social Media for Performing Artists
- Web Sites for Performing Artists
- Northeastern State University
- Bay View Music Festival
- Converse College
- University of Iowa
- University of Virginia
- University of Alabama
- Texas Tech University
- Lehigh University
- University of Texas El Paso
- Salisbury University
For more information on Performing Arts Business Seminars, click here.